- C. L. Buckley, S. Tajima, T. Yanagawa, K. Takakura, Y. Nagasaka, N. Fujii, and T. Toyoizumi, arXiv:1602.08881.
"Brain state control by closed-loop environmental feedback"
- T. Keck, T. Toyoizumi, L. Chen, B. Doiron, D. E. Feldman, K. Fox, W. Gerstner, P. G. Haydon, M. Hubener, H.-K. Lee, J. E. Lisman, T. Rose, F. Sengpiel, D. Stellwagen, M. P. Stryker, G. G. Turrigiano, M. C. van Rossum, Philosophical Transaction of the Royal Society B 372, 1715 (2017). PDF
"Integrating Hebbian and homeostatic plasticity: the current state of the field and future research directions"
- V. Jacob, A. Mitani, T. Toyoizumi, and K. Fox, Journal of Neurophysiology 117, 4-17 (2017). PDF.
"Whisker row deprivation affects the flow of sensory information through rat barrel cortex"
- H. Huang and T. Toyoizumi, Physical Review E 94, 062310 (2016). PDF.
"Unsupervised feature learning from finite data by message passing: discontinuous versus continuous phase transition"
- M. Lankarany, J. Heiss, I. Lampl, and T. Toyoizumi, Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience 10:110 (2016). PDF Supplementary Material
"Simultaneous Bayesian estimation of excitatory and inhibitory synaptic conductances by exploiting multiple recorded trials"
- T. Isomura and T. Toyoizumi, Scientific Reports 6, 28073 (2016). PDF Supplementary information
"A local learning rule for independent component analysis"
- H. Huang and T. Toyoizumi, Physical Review E 93, 062416 (2016) PDF.
"Clustering of neural code words revealed by a first-order phase transition"
- S. Tajima, T. Yanagawa, N. Fujii, and T. Toyoizumi, PLOS Computational Biology 11, e1004537 (2015). PDF
"Untangling brain-wide dynamics in consciousness by cross-embedding"
- H. Huang and T. Toyoizumi, Physical Review E 91, 050101 (2015). PDF
"Advanced mean field theory of restricted Boltzmann machine"
- H. Shimazaki, K. Sadeghi, T. Ishikawa, Y. Ikegaya, and T. Toyoizumi, Scientific Reports 5, 9821 (2015). PDF Supplementary information
"Simultaneous silence organizes structured higher-order interactions in neural populations."
- T. Toyoizumi and H. Huang, Physical Review E 91, 032802 (2015). PDF
"Structure of attractors in randomly connected networks"
- T. Toyoizumi, M. Kaneko, M. P. Stryker, and K. D. Miller, Neuron 84, 497-510 (2014). PDF
"Modeling the dynamic interaction of Hebbian and homeostatic plasticity"
- T. Toyoizumi, H. Miyamoto, Y. Yazaki-Sugiyama, N. Atapour, T. K. Hensch, and K. D. Miller, Neuron 80, 51-63 (2013). PDF Supplemental information
"A theory of the transition to critical period plasticity: inhibition selectively suppresses spontaneous activity"
- M. Lankarany, W. P. Zhu, M. N. S. Swamy, T. Toyoizumi, Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience 7:109 (2013). PDF
"Inferring trial-to-trial excitatory and inhibitory synaptic inputs from membrane potential using Gaussian Mixture Kalman Filtering"
- S. Amari, H. Ando, T. Toyoizumi, and N. Masuda, Physical Review E 87, 022814 (2013). PDF
"State concentration exponent as a measure of quickness in Kauffman-type networks"
- T. Toyoizumi, Neural Computation 24, 2678-2699 (2012). PDF Color figures
"Nearly extensive sequential memory lifetime achieved by coupled nonlinear neurons"
- T. Toyoizumi and L. F. Abbott, Physical Review E 84, 051908 (2011). PDF
"Beyond the edge of chaos: Amplification and temporal integration by recurrent networks in the chaotic regime"
- J. Gjorgjieva, T. Toyoizumi and S. J. Eglen,
PLoS Computational Biology 5, e1000618 (2009). PDF
"Burst-time-dependent plasticity robustly guides ON/OFF segregation in
the lateral geniculate nucleus"
- T. Toyoizumi and K. D. Miller, Journal of Neuroscience
29, 6514-6525 (2009). PDF Supplemental materials
"Equalization of ocular dominance columns induced by an
activity-dependent learning rule and the maturation of inhibition"
- T. Toyoizumi, K. Rahnama Rad and L. Paninski,
Neural Computation 21, 1203-1243 (2009). PDF Color figures
"Mean-field approximations for coupled populations of generalized
linear model spiking neurons with Markov refractoriness"
- Y. Sato, T. Toyoizumi and K. Aihara, Neural Computation 19, 3335-3355 (2007). PDF
"Bayesian inference explains perception of unity and ventriloquism aftereffect: identification of common sources of audiovisual stimuli."
- D. Sussillo, T. Toyoizumi and W. Maass, Journal of Neurophysiology 97, 4079-4095 (2007). PDF Supplementary material
"Self-tuning of neural circuits through short-term synaptic plasticity"
- T. Toyoizumi, J.-P. Pfister, K. Aihara and W. Gerstner, Neural Computation 19, 639-671 (2007). PDF
"Optimality Model of Unsupervised Spike-Timing-Dependent Plasticity: Synaptic Memory and Weight Distribution"
- T. Toyoizumi, K. Aihara and S. Amari, Physical Review Letters 97, 098102 (2006). PDF
"Fisher Information for Spike-Based Population Decoding"
- T. Toyoizumi and K. Aihara, Journal of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers 45, 741-747 (2006). PDF
"A Synaptic Plasticity Rule Derived Based on the Information Maximization Principle and Firing Rate Control" (A review in Japanese)
- J.-P. Pfister, T. Toyoizumi, D. Barber and W. Gerstner, Neural Computation 18, 1318-1348 (2006). PDF
"Optimal Spike-Timing Dependent Plasticity for Precise Action Potential Firing"
- T. Toyoizumi and K. Aihara,
International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos 16, 129-136 (2006). PDF
"Generalization of the mean-field method for power-law distributions"
- T. Toyoizumi, J.-P. Pfister, K. Aihara and W. Gerstner, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 102, 5239-5244 (2005). PDF Supporting text
"Generalized Bienenstock-Cooper-Munro rule for spiking neurons that maximizes information transmission"
- T. Toyoizumi, J.-P. Pfister, K. Aihara and W. Gerstner,
Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 17, 1409-1416 (2005). PDF
"Spike-timing dependent Plasticity and mutual information maximization for a spiking neuron model"
- T. Toyoizumi and K. Aihara, Transactions of the Institute of Electronics 86-D2, 959-965 (2003). PDF
"Mean-field and Variational Methods for alpha-families" (in Japanese)
- T. Sasamoto, T. Toyoizumi and H. Nishimori, Journal of Physics A 34, 9555-9567 (2001). PDF
"Statistical mechanics of an NP-complete problem: Subset sum"